Vehicle Impound

In the event that your vehicle has been impounded by a police agency, the following is a general guideline of the necessary paperwork you will need in order to claim your vehicle.

Please review our checklist of what you will need in the event that your vehicle has been impounded.


  • The last six digits of your Vehicle Identification Number (or VIN). This can be found on your insurance card, or your vehicles title (DMV) record (Where Is the VIN in Vehicle Paperwork? The VIN is always on vehicle title documents. It’s also on insurance policies, service records, and police reports for the vehicle).
  • Valid Driver’s License and/or Government Issued Photo Identification Card (passport, military ID card, state issued ID card)
  • Proof of Ownership: Current Vehicle Registration or Title (with your name on the front of the title) or the original Vehicle Title and a Bill of Sale with your name on both documents (both must be notarized if not yet transferred into your name.)
  • All fees are to be Paid in Full at the time of release (CASH ONLY).
  • If a Notice of Violation (NOV) has been issued on your vehicle by any police agency, you must obtain a release (“Authorization to Release Vehicle”) from the DMV* before the vehicle can be released.  *Louisiana Department of Motor Vehicles
  • Call: 504-219-1895 to confirm location and documentation